Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Enthralling Conversation... or not.

It's pretty typical that I still talk to my best friend, Anna, almost every day despite her being in California and well, I am of course on a tiny rock in the middle of the ocean! It's mostly text-chatting via Facebook messager, but "talking" never-the-less!

Had to laugh a minute ago as I realized I had been rambling on about my day for the past 10 (okay, more like 20) minutes and this is what I had to say:

1) Today was AWESOME (overly excited and lots of !!! used in the conversation). Reason- I was able to snag 3 loaves of KISS bread (aka cheap 5.50 EC or approx 2 US $ but yet, GOOD bread.) The most commonly stocked bread here is hard and dry and just iick- I'd rather eat cardboard- literally. I have not been able to purchase KISS bread yet this term and it always comes in on a day other than when the rest of the food comes in (Thurs/Fri)- which is obviously my ONE shopping day of the week. So naturally, upon seeing it, I ran over- willing to headbutt, elbow, or (lets be honest) kill, anyone who dare get in my way. No one did, and the 3 loaves are now mine and 2 are already happily frozen in my freezer. See? I could talk about this for a long time. It was THAT monumental.

2) I am really mad because for the 4th week in a row they do not have my Asian brand, frozen block of chicken in stock and I am pretty sure they are simply not ordering it anymore, which literally DEVASTATES ME! No, this is not me being dramatic. That block of chicken was a lifesaver for us! It is easily the cheapest price for the highest quantity! AND it was surprisingly clean- the new Tyson brand I have to buy needs to be cleaned so much more, they are so much smaller, and cost an arm, leg, and backside to buy!

SO that, is apparently what you will get if you start a conversation with me on Friday. AND that is just the spark-notes version... she's a saint for trying to find my grocery shopping drama entertaining for minutes on end... OR at least pretending and responding with a "oh my gosh!!" "no way?!" or "that's so crazy!" periodically :) What a trooper!

Just a day in the life of- me! Also, as I write this, I am eating a sandwich on this fabulous bread and reminded yet again  that is the small things in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment