Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Who needs a Visa anyways?

Today my day was filled with the joys of trying to make sense of the process of A) getting a visa to live in Grenada and B) getting a visa to (fingers crossed) work in Grenada. Can you say CONFUSING!?!?  I swear I was told a million different things, from a million different websites, and a million different people. Now, I consider myself to be a relatively intelligent human being, but shoot, I may as well have been reading Russian because I was clueless!
Here is what I did figure out:
- to live in Grenada for 60-90 days just a regular passport is enough
- to live in Grenada longer than 90 days, a letter from St. George’s with all of Nick’s information will be needed
- Once I have said letter, I take it somewhere. I assume somewhere is a government office… but I haven’t totally figured that part out yet!
- To get a work visa everything gets much more complicated and besides knowing that I need to get one… I don’t have a clue!

So yes, while I did make some progress… you can see I still have a lot of work to do!!
Now, drum roll please… I applied for jobs at St. George’s Hospital in Grenada!!! It was just a very generic application, and the website says there are no jobs currently available, BUT I have 5 months until I move there… so I figured I may as well get a general application out there!! Go me!!
     Right now, the focus is on Nick and getting him down there and situated, but still slowly also starting to get my own stuff together too. Nick has 11 DAYS til he leaves… it is all so real now. I still find myself in denial at times because I can’t picture him not around, but at the same time, I have come to accept that time is not slowing down, let alone stopping. 11 days. ELEVEN DAYS. 11 freaking days. Somebody pinch me!
OH, but in even more exciting news! Decided I am officially going down around “family weekend.” I obviously plan to stay for more than just 3 days, but I plan to incorporate that weekend as well. They have TONS of fun activities you can register for… one of which is take a tour around the island on a CATAMARAN!!! Um, yes please SIGN ME UP!! It is $65 and includes 6 hour trip with snorkeling, snacks, beer, rum punch, water, juices and a full lunch… sounds heavenly.  That is just one example of the fun activities and all were extremely reasonably priced and included FOOD. Absolutely perfect right?? A girl needs to eat… and if it so happens to be on a catamaran… even better! So, I leave with you a few  pictures of Grenada that I swooped off google images!


No comments:

Post a Comment