Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

38 days til Nicholas is home for Christmas!!!

Today, has been a day filled with homework. Researching and the beginning phases of putting together presentations completely consumed me from about 1pm this afternoon until 11:30pm tonight. It was a productive day but my head is officially spinning. I am thankful for the extra hour that will be gained tonight thanks to daylight savings :) They don't have daylight savings in Grenada, so it is weird to think that time changes for me, yet for Nick remains the same.

As busy as I've been, Nick has been just as busy- if not more busy. I got to see him via Skype today and it was wonderful! I feel like we are both so busy that little messages throughout the day have been the extent of our chatting. Not that I am complaining... like I said, we've both been busy, but actually getting to see him today made my heart really happy.

I've been really missing him. When the craziness of the day comes to an end, and I'm laying alone in the darkness of my room is when I miss him most. When time actually slows down enough to think and feel, I realize how much I miss him and how busy I keep myself as a defense against feeling too lonely. But... it's good to feel it sometimes. It's nice to relax in the peace and quiet of my room, laying in his sweats, and just close my eyes and relive all the laughs and good times we've had in the past 2 years. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment