Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Time to start making a good ol' "To do" list

As my time in Michigan ticks away I am realizing more and more all the things I am going to miss. I know I will eventually miss things like a dishwasher, my car, my phone, ya know- those materialistic and convenient things we take for granted every day.  I say I will eventually miss those things, because I don't think those are the things I will miss at first. I like things, but overall I think it will take a little time before not having those things really gets to me (or at least I hope! ha!)

What I am going to miss immediately though is my family and Nick's family. I am so used to spending time with both of our families on a regular basis. I've never been far from my parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Seriously, we are for the most part, all right here in this area! And as for Nick's family, even with him gone I have still visited with his family every week or so, so even not seeing them is going to be a huge change as well! I love family time and being so far away is going to be hard!! Thank goodness for Skype, but still there is no place like home!

I really am excited to get to Grenada and make that little house a home, but I can feel the anxiety building January is quickly approaching. Ah!

Things to do before leaving: 
  • Laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. 
  • Boxing up all clothing that isn't needed in hot and humid Grenada.
  • Picking my favorite summer outfits (as many as possible) to take with me & boxing up the rest. 
  • Order additional sets of contacts (wouldn't that be annoying to run out in a different country?!)
  • Buy another pair (or 2) of reef flip-flops (all you do there is walk, walk, walk!)
  • Box up what school stuff I wish to keep and throw out the rest... weird! I'll be officially done forever ah!
  • Purchase a new computer? Yikes, no fun as it is expensive, but as y'all know my computer is a piece and prob will not survive in Grenada very long and life without a computer there would be rough! Decisions.
  • Purchase a few good books to take with me :)
  • Pack up all DVDs
  • Switch Comcast bill over to Mags
  • Box up anything Mags doesn't want left around the apt. 
  • Fix Libby's windshield/give her a good cleaning inside and out before handing her over to mom =/
  • Clean bedding and either leave bed or pack it up.
  • Make sure I have enough make up/any items I may need/want to last 4-5 months in Grenada.
  • Make sure to stock up on all medications/creams etc that may be needed while away. I am honestly scared for the first time I get sick that far away!
  • Buy a few cheapish candles to bring down as they don't seem to be that common in Grenada.
  • Find materials needed to make Nick a giant whiteboard? 
  • Clean, Clean, Clean.
Oye, yeah I am sure that doesn't nearly encompass all that needs to be done, but it's a good start!! My last class is Dec 8, my last day at field is Dec 9, and my last paper is due Dec 15... so after that is going to be a whirlwind of madness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment