Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

CheapOair... one stop shop for cheap flights

Well, out of curiosity I just looked through my phone and over the past 30 some hours I have had 13 calls to good ol’ CheapoAir and 7 calls to American Airlines. My longest call was 1hr 18 minutes, my shortest call was 17 minutes.Absurd.
      Our flights to Grenada for next semester were originally scheduled for January 5th, 2012. Well, for whatever reason, we experienced a “flight change” and were given 2 options to re-schedule. After looking them over, we decided on a similar flight for January 4th. No big deal, what is one day earlier?
Hold the phone because whereas the e-mail makes it sound like it is a simple switch… IT WAS NOT. You would think I wanted to re-route our trip to the moon.
So I get on the phone with a guy from CheapoAir, who calmly explains to me, that yes we have experienced a flight change and that no it will not be hard to correct this issue. He even assures me that if I have Nick’s information that I will also be able to book his new flight as well seeing as it would be long distance for him to do so. So at this point, around 10 am yesterday, I am thinking AWESOME! I’ll chat with Nick get his info, call back, and bam we will be set! … What’s the saying, when something seems to good to be true, then it usually is?
     Well, I get Nick’s info and call back… then, wait on hold for no joke about 30 minutes… then some guy answers the phone, I give him all the information that I already gave the annoying electronic women, and what happens? Yes, got disconnected. Awesomeness.
     I was pretty infuriated at this point, but still had to call back, wait on hold and repeat the whole process again. I finally think everything has been worked out and get online to check our itinerary and I notice that my flight info all looks but Nick’s isn’t allowing me to select any options. SO I call cheapAir back AGAIN. They tell me to call American Airlines. Long story short, I talked to several people I couldn’t understand, and they had to “check into the situation and call me back” three times. Finally, some guy informs me that Nick has been issued “paper tickets.” Now, apparently I am super dumb because I had no idea what he was talking about. He told me that Nick’s round trip tickets were being mailed to his home address in Commerce. Excuse me? So the tickets he needs in order to COME HOME are going to be waiting for him in Commerce… someone please explain to me how that makes any sense. I was so irritated. Needless to say, the man got a piece of mind. No big deal his manager assured me, Nick can just go fill out paper work at the airport day of, or I can fill out paper work when I go visit him. Thanks lady, we’d love to do more work due to your mistake. So glad we are dishing out the big bucks for your wonderful service!

However, the good news is we do have our tickets finally and Nick owes me whatever I want, whenever I want it for the rest of my life for handling the annoyance for him :) Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment