Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One month down!!!!

Considering making the change from Tumblr over to blogspot… can’t decide because I have already started here and I wouldn’t want to lose any of my posts. I could probably cut and past them however… hmm decisions.     Just read through another SO (a girl from the significant other’s organization) and the SO fb page. I’ve browsed a lot since Nick began planning to attend medschool in Grenada, but today I found a TON of information and pictures about the volunteer opportunities in Grenada that have to do with KIDS!
Ah, if you know anything about me it is that I love children. If, I can’t be employed (which is currently a huge cause of stress in my life right now, but I digress) then I will be more than happy to volunteer my time working with the children of Grenada. As a matter of fact, what I will be volunteering to do, is more or less something I would love to do as a “real job”… ie: one I would get paid to do… so minus the no money part, it is absolutely perfect for me.
     It’ll be awhile before I have any kiddos of my own, but in Grenada from the sounds of it there are many, many children (some with families and some without) who need love, attention, support, and did I mention love. So I’ll have my share of children for the next 2 years :) What more could a girl like me ask for?
I already caught myself in a daydream about the fun ways I can help teach them to read, and write, and learn multiplication, etc. Not to mention, I am really good at playing. Like.. really good. One girl I babysat put it very well “Miss Lindsey for an adult, you really know how to have fun and play real good, just like us kids.”
The one woman’s blog I read had pictures of her husband joining in on the fun during a few of his breaks and coming over to the school to play with the kids too. I can already 100% envision (and guarantee) this blog post has Nick rolling his eyes and unamused, but love kids too… and I can already see him sneaking over to play a few games too… because, well, he’s really good at playing too :)
     There is no love, like that of a child. And there is no one more deserving of love than a child. So, I can’t wait to meet all the kids and just absolutely love them to pieces!! Should we take bets now on how many I will want to bring home with me by the end??
Sidenote: A common theme in the blogs was how little these woman saw their medschool husbands. I have to say, reading their blogs made me feel very positive and optimistic. They described life in Grenada and the life of a significant other of a medschool student exactly how I pictured it and exactly like I have already experienced during this semester already. That being said, what they consider to be seeing “very little of so and so” … I consider to be a decent amount of time. That is the positive of starting out long distance eh? Any amount of time is more than what we have now. Any amount of time would be amazing and cherished. Any quick lunch, kiss, or passing would be a blessing. So, stupid long distance that I am tired of doing… I guess I owe you a big ole thank you. You’ve opened my eyes early to how hard complete separate is. And as a result of that, it will make me thankful for any time we get together, rather than upset over how little time together we have. Does that makes sense? Anyways, the glass is half full :)
     OFFICIALLY ONE MONTH DOWN <3 One month and 9 days until I visit. I’ll end this post by just pointing out… that we rock!! Seriously. We’ve never been this far apart (distance wise) and this is definitly the most challenging thing we’ve had to overcome so far as a couple, BUT, I’ve never felt more close to him, and I continue to love him more every day. Sigh, I have a way of making all my posts mushy gushy eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment