Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fun (and cheap) home decorations

So I got sidetracked while searching online for the books I need for this upcoming semester and instead found myself looking up simple and fun decorations for around the house. I stumbled upon many different super fun and unique things that are so cute and yet cheap. Obviously, while living on the island we are going to be a wee bit strapped for cash, so in order to accessorize our home we are going to need to get creative! Check out all the fun ideas I found! I can’t wait to be able to post pictures of my own little creations :) Not to mention I will have a blast making all these fun things too! I can’t wait to be in Grenada!!!!
Soooooo, what is one thing that will for sure be plentiful and free in Grenada?! SEASHELLS! With that in mind I googled/pinterested creative things to do with shells. Ohmygoodness SO MANY GREAT IDEAS! Each project is so unique and turns out differently depending on the type of shells or the colors, etc. Here a few of my favorites that I found and absolutely fell in love with

(All images below come from Google or Pinterest).
This idea is so totally cool and simple! Any kind of jar or bottle would do. And I would think could easily be found around the island. Once you find that, ya just fill them with some sand and sweet shells and viola! An awesome house decoration is made! Cheap/free and cute =Win-win. Love.

How awesome of an idea is this?! To put little candles inside shells… LOVE IT! Whether the shells were actually this large or not (I think even smaller shells would do) it looks so cool, unique, and of course romantic!

And there are so many options for frames, or center pieces in bowls, or on fishing line etc! Need I say it?! …. SO fun!

I also heard that there is a lot of random wood pieces around the island. So I was thinking maybe something fun could be made out of that? Again, creative, and CHEAP. So I searched for a few ideas, and found more cool stuff! How fun is this? I am in love and would absolutely adore something like this. It’s so simple too. Different pieces of wood painted different colors with a picture simply glued on to it. ADORE IT. I will absolutely bring some paints with me and pray for stray wood on the island, I need to have something like this!!
Also, everyone knows how much I love quotes. So another cool idea I found is to paint wood and then paint a fun quote onto it. The wood can be any shape and really be a fun accessory to any room! Love it!
And yet another gem I found. TWINE. You can do something things with it and make almost anything look better or more fancy if you will. And… drum roll.. again, IT’S SO CHEAP! Yay! Plus I could easily just bring it down with me, if I so desired.
So maybe our home won’t be the most rich and luxurious place, but hey with some homemade decorations it will definitely be homey!! Plus, these little projects will be fun for me to do as well. And bonus, a lot of it will be done with random things found for free around the island, which will make looking for supplies an adventure also! Yay! Can’t wait to live on the island!
Home is where the heart is right? And my heart is already in Grenada! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment