Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

“When I miss you, I don’t have to go far … I just have to look inside my heart because that’s where I’ll find you.”


     Today I bid my love farewell at good ol’ metro airport. I am happy to report security did not need to be called to pry me off of him! That being said, let me just say that was so hard!!!!  Seriously, watching him slowly walk away from us and through the security line and out of sight was heartbreaking. I wanted to run after him and pull him back or instantly buy a ticket on my fabulous smart phone and jump on the plane with him. So what if I did not have any possesions what-so-ever, so what if I am supposed to be at work on Wednesday, and so what if I have one semester left of graduate school. My mind was racing, the temperature in the airport seemed to rise about 20 degrees, and my eyes burned with tears I was attempting to hold back. Nick was about to board his plane to Grenada without me…
     Okay, so that was my irrational side taking over. Finishing graduate school is important and him boarding a plane without me for 4-5 months is not the end of the world. But shoot, saying “seeing you later” really was as hard as I had imagined it would be.
     Since that time, Nick has successfully arrived in Miami and is currently in flight to Trinidad :) Excitinggg right?! I have to say I am proud of myself and the way I have been able to stay positive today. It really made me realize that despite the extreme sadness I feel in being so far away from him, the excitement I feel for him is able to help make this a tiny bit easier. I love this man so much, that even though I thought I was going to completely fall apart today I did not. And the reason I did not, is because of that amazing little thing called love! Even though I am sad and long to be close to him, I want this for him and that keeps me from being overwhelming depressed.
     The adventure has OFFICIALLY begun and this is the start to something new and wonderful. From the moment Nick stepped on that plane his life has forever changed. Our lives have forever changed. And changed for the better at that.
     Sidenote: Bought a new exercise ball today!!! Wooooooo!!! After a month of goodbye parties, eating, and drinking this girl needs to get back in shape! My body is very ready for a detox and I am ready to stop being such a pig! There is no better motivation to get in shape than visiting Grenada in October and moving there in January!! Hello insanity DVDs, workout ball, and healthy eating… it’s been awhile, but boy am I excited to get reacquainted with you <3




“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long.  If we’re in each others dreams, we can play together all night.”  ~Bill Watterson

No comments:

Post a Comment