Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hunting for a home

I received an email yesterday regarding housing in Grenada. It looks like there are some REALLY awesome places to live there, for a relatively decent price. That being said, the email informed me that most places are already filling up for January… what the heck.. already!? I won’t be visiting Grenada until the middle of October, and while I thought that would be a good time for me to look around and find a place, I am now thinking that will be too late. Sooo, that leaves this whole finding a place to live thing, in Nick’s hands.
Sigh. Nick is a guy. Enough said right? He does not exactly put “finding a place to live” at the top of his priorities. And yes, studying is much more important for him right now, and jumping off a cliff into the ocean is much more exhilarating and fun, but we need a place to live come January!! I really don’t want to get stuck scrambling last minute, or living in a cockroach invested apartment. I am not asking to be living in a castle with a walkout basement onto the ocean (not that I’d complain) but seriously, just a nice little place to call home for the next year or so. I wonder if the puppy face over skype is more effective than it is in real life? If so, maybe I can get him to throw me a bone and check into a few places!!!
Good thing I am pretty handy… this could be us in a few months!!! Hey, at least I would have the walkout onto the ocean part right? ;)

     Anyways, to update you all on Nick… he is doing GREAT! Medical school is no joke. Not that we expected it to be, but man did they hit the ground running right from the very first day. The amount they learn in ONE day has been said to be equivalent to one WEEK in undergrad… yeah, that sounds horrible and is reason #8954875207 that this girl is not in medschool!
His days are pretty routine so far. He gets up early, around 7 ish and then the majority of the rest of his day is filled with labs, classes, and studying, with a few short breaks to eat, until he hits the hay around 12-12:30am. LONG DAYS! He has a good group of friends though who are a good combination of fun and “serious studiers” as well. That has been great because it allows them to study in groups, and to help keep each other sane through the mass amounts of studying they have to do each day! I am happy to say he has officially survived his first week of classes and so far, appears to be settling in and thriving!
     As time goes on, I don’t miss him any less, but I truly see that everything does happen for a reason. I can not imagine Nick going to school anywhere else. I said it before he left, but seeing him in action (via skype) and the people he has met and how much he has thrived, I REALLY mean it now. St. George’s is the perfect spot for him to grow as a person, get unique experience, meet awesome people, and of course, become Dr. Leo.
     Sidenote: his number 1 complaint right now is that they don’t have “normal milk” and it is killing him! Now, I am a milk lover also, so I sympathize with him, but still, life is going pretty well, when milk is a top complaint right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment