Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


 

Officially FALL! Season of change :)


September 24,2011… well technically September 25, 2011.. whoa it’s late!
SO with midterms quickly approaching, Nick has taken his studying to an entirely new level (hard to believe that is even possible, right?!). He’s up at the crack of dawn- even on the weekend, and studies all day, with short breaks to hit the gym or eat and that is about it!

He’s already asleep tonight, completely worn out and exhausted! His poor little, er.. big medical school student brain has been worked to death! Seriously, the amount he learns everyday AMAZES ME! It is unreal. This is an example of how our conversations go:

Me: “Hey babe! How’s studying going? Learning lots?”
Nick: “Yep. Just rocked out the entire cellular respiration” [which he briefly described and it went over my head, but I do know that it is some form of biochemistry… I think..]
Me: “Great job bug! You are doing so awesome!”
Nick: “Okay, now off to learn about the kidneys and every single artery and neural pathway known to man before hitting the hay tonight”
Me: “Okay good luck being smart and saving the world! I’ll just do my social work homework and eat a snickers bar”

I’m just so proud of him :) Midterms are tough because he’s a bit more MIA, but still he puts forth as much effort into talking to me as he can, and for that I am grateful.
Tonight, is a night, where I am missing him a lot. Okay, when has there been a night that I don’t… but tonight I miss him extra. I miss movie nights snuggled up on the couch. I miss glasses of our favorite wine and splurging on chips and dip. Most of all I miss snuggling, and laughing, and just being together :)
Also, it was the most AMAZING fall day today. Just so absolutely gorgeous outside. In the 60s, clear blue sky, sunny, with super crisp air. Can you say CIDERMILL DAY!?! Yes, oh yes, it was such a cidermill day. I was so envious of all the couples on Facebook posting about their trips to the cidermill today, but instead of the cidemill this year, I get the ocean and Grenadian sunsets… guess I don’t mind that :)




(Google images)

Aren’t these fall images to die for? So absolutely stunning and beautiful! I love seasons, and can’t imagine setting up roots anywhere without fall weather. Sweatshirts, football, coloring leaves, cider, donuts… ah, I absolutely love!!! So freakin’ ROMANTIC!!!

 

 COUNTDOWNS!!!!!!

September 22, 2011


Wow, so here we are, almost 6 1/2 weeks into this long distance fiasco and in my 3rd week of classes. It’s nice to be able to look back and see how far we’ve come and gives me the extra motivation needed to push forward! In 3 1/2 weeks I will be in Grenada! Eeeee! And in about 12 weeks I will officially be a graduate from the Social Work Master’s Program at the University of Michigan. And in approximately 15 weeks I will be moving with my man down to Grenada to live there for the next year and a half.

Talk about timelines. So excited about it all! So much will be happening in the next 15 weeks. OH, probably the most exciting, besides my Grenada visit, is that in a little less than 12 weeks Nicholas will be officially done with his FIRST SEMESTER of medical school! Yay! Slowly but surely, one ridiculously hard semester at a time :)

Oh, and Nick got an A on his Bioethics exam!! He is doing so great! Can’t say I am at all surprised, I knew he would be great :) So awesome to see all his hard work pay off though. Seriously, the boy lives in the library, study hall, dry/wet lab (which, yes I do indeed know the difference between!) and class. He makes me proud every day! Midterms in 2 weeks… ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment