Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Grades for Term 1//Master's Graduation

It has been SO nice having Nick home for the past week, we've been more or less inseparable- and I love it!! We've been spending a lot of time with family and friends, trying to soak up as much of home  as we can before we leave in just under 2 weeks!!!!


First off, an update on how Nick finished off his first term of medical school.... he did great!!!! Seriously, I could not be more proud of him and am so happy to see his countless hours of studying pay off.  He finished the semester with 2 A's and 2 B+'s!!! He was also the Term 1 Class Representative for both Surgery Club and the Emergency Medicine Club, and will be the Surgery Club Secretary and the Emergency Med Vice President for Term 2. So, in typical Nick fashion, he is taking SGU by the horns and pretty much running the place :) It is amazing to see how much he has learned and accomplished in just 1 term!

As for me, I am officially a Master's Graduate from the University of Michigan!! Yay!! Decided to attend the Social Work Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, and am really happy that I did.  The ceremony was really nice and it was a nice celebration of all that I have accomplished over the past 16 months.  I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I am 100% officially done with school though! Seriously, it is weird!! I keep feeling like I should be reading, or writing some paper whenever I am out shopping or just lounging around with Nick, but then I realize, NOPE that ship has sailed!! Donezo! Still waiting on final grades, but very excited to be done :) If I let myself think about it too much though I start to feel overwhelmed at my new label of "unemployed adult." Shesh, being a grown up is stressful ;) Just kidding...

Besides that life has literally consisted of sleeping in, eating (so much eating!!!!), making Christmas cookies, playing video games, and watching movies. Rough life right? The rough part has been the packing. Ugh, I despise packing. It highlights the fact that I have way too much crap and clutter, and now I am paying for it because I am forced to go through it all! Reason #18984979 why I will never be a hoarder or pack rat. I hate excess, random, annoying, never-used, stuff! Rant over. It is coming along though. Maggie is being a super trooper and not complaining that I am making the entire apartment more messy in my attempt to organize/pack.  I promise, I really am packing stuff up and throwing bags and bags of stuff away! Packing is also a bit hard because it infringes on my ability to deny that moving is quickly approaching.  Not that I am not very excited about the new adventures in Grenada... but I am going to miss home, and family, and friends.  And I know that at some point I need to face it head-on and let myself be sad about it. But right now, I'd rather just push ahead, enjoy the holidays, and soak up as much family time as I can before leaving!!

Okay, I've officially procrastinated packing/cleaning out my jeep for way too long just to write this post, so off I go... Here are some pictures from Nick's fun times after finals/my graduation pictures/ enjoying being home for the holidays :)

Enjoying a beverage with friends at the cliff after finals

Nick and Marty picking up Dr. Brahim one night after finals?? No idea why haha

Waterskiing in Grenada... How gorgeous eh??

Making Christmas cookies! They were so yummy!!!

So lucky to have such a wonderful family/support system :) 

With da family

Daddio and I- He's dressed appropriately in his UofM coat! :) 

With my boo boo!

Close up, he's so handsome!

With my mama! 

Hangin out with Al and Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment