Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Term 1 COMPLETE-- check!!!!

Drum roll please!!!! Term 1 of medical school has successfully been completed!!!! I can hardly even believe it! Nicholas will be home in less than 24 hours... I could scream I am literally that excited!!

Life has been absolutely crazy over the past month or so and my blog has been very neglected, so  here is a quick overview of what's been going on/ a time of what is to come in the next month!

-Nick kicked major medical school butt. Seriously, did anyone expect anything less? The guy has literally lived in dry lab! He through everything- including the kitchen sink, at these finals!! I am so proud of him and so impressed by his dedication and perseverance.  He amazes me every day! But anyway, he finished with 2 A-'s and 2 B+'s and I could not be more proud!!

- My last week of classes was last week. I repeat... my last week of classes ever was last week!!!!! Ah!! I.am.so.excited!!! What a whirl wind this past 16 months has been. For as crazy as graduate school has been, it is a huge accomplishment to officially say I am done. It feels good and I am ecstatic.  My family talked me into walking in my graduation ceremony this weekend. While I don't think I would have regretted not walking... I am glad I am. It is a huge accomplishment, and I am proud.  It has not been an easy 16 months. It has been really hard on so many levels, and I am glad that my family gets to celebrate this accomplishment with me.

- I completed my internship at the Children's Hospital of Michigan.  Words cannot describe how hard leaving that place was for me on Friday.  I miss those kids and their families already.  I would normally be waking up and heading in to work in the morning and my heart is aching knowing that I will not be there with/for them tomorrow.  Several of the kiddos were not doing that well last week either and that made it even more challenging to leave.  But I feel so unbelievably blessed to have been able to spend the past year there and to have been given the opportunity to work with such unbelievable children and their families.  I have never met more amazing little fighters in my whole life. My last day was filled with so many hugs, a few tears, and lots of smiles and laughs. One of my patients made an extra visit to the hospital just to say goodbye to me, and with the hospital being the last place in the world any of them would want to be on their day off, I was unbelievably touched. Not to mention, I had been bummed that I would not get to say goodbye to her.  She gave me the most beautiful necklace, that says "Always Friends, Now and Forever" and I will cherish it always. Another one of my girls, who has been so sick, was able to read a book with me and play with me a little bit for the first time in several days.  It was the best gift I could have been given. Each of them is eternally engraved in my hearts and I pray that they each get/remain healthy and go onto to live long and healthy lives. They're fighters, and braver than anyone else I know, even at as young as 2 years old <3

-Tomorrowwwww I pick Nick up from the airport. Tomorrow. TOMORROW. Tomorrow!!!!! Less than 24 hours... eeeee ahhhh!!! I have butterflies, and can barely contain myself. I am not even sure I will be able to sleep tonight because I am literally that freakin' excited! :)

-The big move to Grenada is in 23 days. Well pretty much 22 days now. Holy Freaking Cow. Typing that just gave me major anxiety. So much to do. So many people to see. So much family quality time to be had. If time wants to slow down just a tiny bit for the holiday season, that would be wonderful. I'll take long, slow days, to just enjoy my Nicholas being home and to spend time with family and friends. Maybe I'll send a letter to Santa and see if he can work on that!

Ah, well, it is late, and I need to finish up paper tomorrow, do about 12 loads of laundry, clean my apt, and clean out my car, before picking Nick up tomorrow night... soooo on that note, this girl needs to hit the hay! More later on holiday festivities and packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment