Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Liat Airlines Fail

Sooooooo instead being on my way home from the airport after picking up my wonderful boyfriend, I am sitting on my couch watching tv and finishing up my paper/cleaning my apartment. Why you ask? Well, unfortunately, Nick's trip home included a flight on Liat airlines.  I haven't been able to get the full story yet, but what I do know is that Nick was supposed to leave Grenada around 6:30am this morning.  At 10-11:00 am I spoke with him and he had still not left Grenada. Apparently, lovely Liat airlines just felt like being many hours late. And on top of being late, there was no explanation or assistance in helping any of the passengers out... so frustrating!! Nick did eventually get out of Grenada though, but missed his connecting flight in Barbados.. and didn't end up leaving Barbados until like 4:30pm... which meant he didn't get into Miami until about 7:30pm and at which point he needed to bust his booty to go through customs, recheck in, and board a plane to Dallas.  He should land in Dallas around 11:30-12:00 tonight.

So all of that being said, my poor Nicholas will not be in Detroit until tomorrow.  Poor guy, he just wants to come home!!! It's been a long day for him, full of annoyances and lots of travel.

Oye, can't wait to squeeze him extra when he finally makes it home tomorrow!!!

And what is the lesson in all of this? Always book flights to and from Grenada early enough so that you can get American Airlines all the way. Liat airlines sucks and will screw you over more often than not. Trust me... er, trust Nick, he'd tell ya it's worth a couple extra bucks to know that you have a more reliable airline.  But if you want to end up stranded in a random Caribbean airport or to have your luggage end up God only knows where... Liat airlines is the airliner for you!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment