Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Unity Ball

Every term SGU puts on a semi-formal event "Unity Ball." This is a chance for students and their guests to get dressed up and enjoy a night of fun.  Living on an island, where I have no hair dryer or straightener and constantly rock a frizzy fro, and live in sundresses and flip-flops, the idea of getting dressed up seemed like a lot of work. However, when you literally only have one semi-nice dress here, and only brought flip-flops as a shoe option, it takes away any decisions about what to wear for the night! Also, without said hairdryer and straightener there were few decisions to be made as to how to do my hair as well. Half up half down frizzalicious-do? Perfect! I did need to decide whether to wear my black or brown flip-flops, so after walking around the house to make my decision, I almost left the house wearing one of each... oops! So out we went, with Nick dressed to the 9s and looking handsome as ever and me in my mixed-matched attire.  Although I felt a little strange sporting my flip-flops I was actually really glad I was wearing them after watching girls attempting to navigate the huge hills and walk through sand in their heels. I can't walk in heels on flat surfaces, so that would have only ended poorly for me! Besides, while everyone else's feet were killing them after a night of dancing, I felt great! I guess it pays off being the one girl who literally packed only clothes needed to be on the beach. Note to self- bring down nice outfit next term. Or, don't. Maybe I can just make that "my thing."

Our friend Jen is SGA Vice President and worked super hard putting the event together and I must say it definitely showed.  In true Grenadian fashion, they made her jump through hoops and even cancelled the event on her the day before due to mix up over the noise permit needed, but she managed to get it all sorted out and threw a great party! In my opinion it was definitely one of the most fun nights out we've had here. It was at Mt. Cinnamon, which was really fun and an outdoor venue, which I thought worked out perfectly and we enjoyed a night of drinks, dancing, and fun with friends! 



Something was obviously very funny!

The boys with Jen the party planner! 
Now it's back to the grind for Nick as finals are quickly approaching. He has done a really good job of staying on top of things, but regardless the long days are inevitable. On the plus side, that means they are that much closer to finishing their first year of medical school and that much closer to spending summer at home! See ya in 4 weeks boyfriend, oh and please remember to take me to the airport in 2!! :) 

Oh, and we have another mouse. Are you surprised? I am not. But it was a nice 2 weeks being mouse free, now back to walking around using chairs to keep me elevated off the ground. I wish I was kidding. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw you looked so pretty! You're going home in 2 weeks?!?! Where did this term go??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Yeah I can't believe I leave so soon!! This term absolutely flew by! But we'll be back at the end of June, so although a nice break at home I am sure it will go by super fast!

      Delete