Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

I've been a horrible blogger lately...

So for a little update on our life these days.

We have been enjoying the post-midterm slower schedule lately. Although classes did not slow down much, the amount of hours needed to be spent in the library every day has. For the past couple of weeks I have enjoyed having a boyfriend who studies all day, but is home in time for dinner and a walk to the cliff to catch the extra beautiful sunsets we've had here lately!  We even got brave and sat on the edge one day... talk about an adrenaline rush! It was so fun, but super scary! The wind was really intense which added to the excitement, and the feeling of the wind between our toes was super awesome! And hey- it made for some cool pictures too! 

I'm obsessed with sunsets normally, so the fact that they have been even prettier than normal has made me even more in awe of them! So many colors that literally just paint the entire sky. It really makes you stop, think, and appreciate living here. 

We still got to participate in March Madness here in Grenada :) I finally managed to find a website that would stream here with limited lag and interruptions so that made me a happy camper! Also, our friend Marty is a die-hard Kentucky fan (luckily I had them winning in my bracket, so we avoided conflict there) so we went out to Bananas, a local bar to catch several of the final Kentucky games with him and a large group of friends. Oh, and yes, Kentucky did indeed win :) 
The countdown until I head home is officially here! 3 more weeks! How crazy is that? I really can hardly believe it. I am very excited though! It will definitely be weird to be so far away from Nick again and I am not looking forward to that, but with it being mid-terms I'm sure he'll hardly notice that I'm gone- and it's only 2.5 weeks. I will also miss all the kids at Limes, I so love seeing their little faces every week and have become so attached to them! However, with a few big things happening at home that I am missing in the next couple weeks- a funeral and a wedding, it has made me a little homesick. I love Grenada and my experience here has been a great one, and I will definitely be looking forward to returning in a couple months- but missing out on big life events is the hardest part of being away.  It is hard to miss out on the celebration of child's life and courageous battle with cancer and harder to grieve and get closure when so far away. It is hard to know her family is hurting and going through something no parent should go through, and I can't even give them my condolences and a hug. And it is a bummer to miss my best childhood friend walking down the isle to her soon to be husband and the official beginning of her new life as a wife.  These are some of the sacrifices you make when living so far away, and these are the times I just hope that even in distance they know I am with them in spirit.... And when technology and pictures really helps make it a little bit easier. Shesh, how did people honestly do this before Skype, Facebook, e-mail, etc? 

No comments:

Post a Comment