Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

we're going to the chapel and we're...

...going to get maaaarrrrieddd!!! YAY!

We're engaged and loving it!

Last week I had a family trip to Mackinac Island planned with my family. Nick has been busy trying to schedule shadowing opportunites with doctors in the area, and since it was just a short trip I decided he didn't need to be locked into the commitment and so it would just be a short family vacation without him.

Welllllll, that all changed when he decided to make the 4 hour trip by himself to surprise me! It was perfect. Perfect in absolutely every way. Honestly, I could not imagine a more romantic proposal if I tried!!

Also, knowing me so well, he even made sure we had pictures of our special moment, and they are something I will cherish forever. So I will let the pictures tell the story for me :)

Waiting to surprise me
His perfect set up of rocks and the beautiful ring <3 
Prettiest ring I've ever seen and he picked it out all by himself!
Completely oblivious (as my clothing demonstrates) I was so completely surprised to see him!
Oh my goshhhh is this for real?!
He's the best, in every possible way.
Best moment ever. He was so cute and nervous and I was so shocked, excited, and happy!
Lots of love for this guy!


Happy, hot mess? yes I think so. It was all very surreal 

Showing off my sparkly, gorgeous ring!
Riding a tandem bike around the island is the only real way to celebrate :)  
To say we were on cloud 9 would be an understatement
Planning a wedding around medical school is not an easy task, but thankfully we have very helpful, supportive, and excited, family members and friends to help with the leg work while we are in Grenada :)

I am so blessed to be going through this fun planning and engagement period with such a wonderful man, and we are looking forward our big day! I get to spend the rest of my life with this guy?! I think that makes me the luckiest girl on this planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment