Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Under the Sea!! Scuba Certified!!

YAY! After a week of learning about scuba and a couple days in the water, I can now say that I am officially certified to scuba dive!!  Wooo! With 4 dives under my belt I can definitely say I am confident in my skills and exploring the underwater world has become easy, relaxing, and funny enough... second nature. It is such a fun feeling to be under the water doing things you learned without thinking about it... not to mention breathing with ease at such great depths for an hour at a time!

Yep, I'm pretty much a fish now.

In our first 4 dives we went to 3 different sites: Glovers Island, The Underwater Sculpture Park/Marine Park and Flamingo Bay and went down as far as 60 feet!! Each location was awesome and we saw different and unique things at each spot! Among some of our sightings were: an octopus, sea horses, several different kinds of eels, porcupine fish, barracuda, french angel fish, lizard fish, azure vase sponge and barrel sponge, shrimp, and a lot more but those are just a few that come to mind!

Really though, getting certified was such a great decision and I am officially addicted to it! I could not have asked for a better group to learn with! Also, our instructor was awesome and really added to the experience :) We were certified through Aquanauts here in Grenada, and our experience was wonderful and I'd highly recommend them to anyone who wishes to get certified while on the island!
Best scuba certification group ever!!! So much fun learning with them and our fabulous instructor Reese!
The pictures from underwater were taken by Aquanauts, so I cannot claim them as my own! However, they are all things from our dive :) Since they were bringing down a camera I figured a) theirs is much nicer than mine, and b) why risk damage to mine when they know theirs for sure can go to that depth and I am not positive mine would survive 60ft... but I am so happy to have pictures from our first few dives- however, they don't even come close to doing justice to what it is really like under the sea :)

Exploring!! So much fun!! And of course lookin' good in scuba gear ;)
Getting briefed on the dive we were about to do

Puffer Fish!
Some of the underwater sculpture garden
Black Sea Horse! They're actually bigger than I thought they would be (still super small though)... and so cute!
Yikes! Biiig urchin! Watch out for these guys, they'll hurt ya!
Cowfish! Such a silly name, esp bc it looks more leopard print to me ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment