Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Technology is amazing!

I finally gave in and spent some time yesterday morning setting up a Google Voice number that is strictly my own that I can give out to friends, family, and potential employers to reach me at. Technology is pretty darn amazing! While Skype and my current hotspot blocker have worked wonders by allowing us to chat with people frequently back home and even call cell phones and landlines, the one downside was that besides Skype- no one could call us, we always had to call them. For almost 2 years this has worked fine but with my job hunt currently in full force and thankfully with some hits on my resume the frustration of phone tag with my US voice mail as the middle man became too much for me to handle. Plus, the job I REALLY want offered me an interview and that was the straw that broke the camel's back because I did not/do not want to lose this interview due to being a pain in the butt to reach!

Needless to say, we are now easily assessable with a US (even a Michigan) phone number!!! As of Tuesday afternoon it has officially been synced to my Google account where I can not only call or text phones, but can also RECEIVE calls and have a voice mail set up for any that I miss. YAY! It's fantastic and I wish I had been driven to the brink of insanity and done it sooner!

I've basically ended up on house arrest because WHEN she calls this number, there is no way I am missing it. No joke. If I switch rooms- so does the computer. If I take laundry outside- so does the computer. If I am in the shower- well the computer doesn't shower but it sits as close to the shower as possible so I can hear it ring. You get the idea.

Still waiting on that call.... and hoping it comes soon as I literally haven't left the house in 3 full days out of fear of missing the call. Can you tell I really want this job? And, to friends and family... call me, maybe? :)

2 comments:

  1. haha.. I LOVE google voice- it's how I text people without iMessage. :) It's very helpful.

    I hope you get the call! Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Tammy, I'd been using Skype and fb for most my texting/comunicating, but would also call over Gmail... but finally took the leap and went a step further and MAN it's nice! I think family mostly enjoys being able to get a hold of us a bit easier also :)

      Delete