Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Laundry day in Grenada!

So I finally stopped being lazy (and felt like I had enough time to let clothes dry on the line before heading out) to actually do laundry today. So that is what I did. I ran 2 loads through the washer  and set out to hang them on the line next to our house. The entire time the clothes were in the washer it was scorching hot outside and sunny, but not even 5 minutes after putting the 2nd load on the line it started to sprinkle. I tried to reason with mother nature, but sure enough a few minutes later we got a nice Grenadian downpour! I knew it wouldn't last long, so it wasn't even worth trying to salvage the almost dry articles of clothing, and instead I just sat back and watched the rain. I love the smell during and after the rain here, and it looks so cool to see the rain come down over the ocean. So, looks like our clothes got washed twice today! It's back to being hot and sunny now, so that is good!

Oh, and guess what surprise I got when doing the 2nd load of the laundry today? A centipede. Iiiiick! I was Skyping with my mom while doing the load and thought I saw something fall into the washer... I quickly felt around, moving the laundry about and found nothing (in retrospect, thank goodness I didn't find it, because I may have slightly freaked out). So anyways, I figured it must have been a drawstring in one our many pairs of athletic shorts, and moved on. Well, when emptying the laundry much to my dismay there was a nasty centipede at the bottom. I hate those things-- they gross me out. I told Nick I didn't want him to feel left out of the fun and that I was leaving it for him to deal with when he got home. Aren't I a nice girlfriend? We will be hitting up Ace for some Bop bug spray ASAP-- which for the record Bop is awesome and in my opinion a must have in Grenada for killing and keeping away bugs around the house or around your chair/towel at the beach and pool. Don't put it on your skin though, it is really strong.  

All of our clothes re-drying after the rain... it's nice and sunny now!!!

The incredibly nasty centipede that made it's way into our laundry-- TIG... iick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment