Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Independence Day Celebration Limes Style-- With lots of Videos!

We continued the Independence Day celebration with the children at Limes today. We had so much fun! Many of the SOs made rice krispie treats in Grenadian colors which was super fun and of course the kids loved them! We played lots of games, colored Grenadian flags, and even got a performance from a few of the girls who sang us some songs! One of the songs was the Grenadian National Anthem so that was awesome and so fun! It's a little loud and hard to hear at times so I posted the words to go with it :) They also include the Grenadian pledge of allegiance afterwards! (ps- I missed the first couple words in the video).

Grenadian National Anthem/Pledge of Allegiance
Hail Grenada, land of Ours-We pledge ourselves to thee-Heads, hearts and hands in unity -To reach our destiny-Ever conscious of God-Being proud of our heritage-May we with faith and courage -Aspire, build, advance-As one people, one family- God bless our nation.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag,
and to the country for which it stands, with liberty, justice and equality for all. I pledge also to defend and uphold the Honor, Dignity, the Laws and Institutions of my country.

The little ones also sang a song for me so I'll post that too! Don't you just love their little voices? I think they were still hopped up on sugar from Independence Day yesterday because they had SO much energy today and were extra silly! 



Justin Bieber "Baby, Baby" Grenadian Style! In my opinion it's better than the original ;) ! Love them! 



Another fun and successful day at Limes. These kids never fail to make me smile and make my heart very happy <3 
Sidenote/TIG(this is Grenada) moment of the day-- Today, I was getting ready to cook something so as usual I opened the oven, lit it, and was preparing to close it to give it a couple minutes to warm up. Normal and logical course of action right? Well, this is Grenada after all and there is no such thing as a dull moment, so instead of closing the oven and continuing on with my day, I just about had the oven closed and BOOM- big explosion and tons of flames shoot out of the bottom of the oven!! I've never seen such a thing- the flames probably came out about 2 feet or maybe a little more from the bottom of the oven. (No worries, I wasn't injured.) After turning off the oven and peeking inside to make sure there wasn't a fire inside it or something, I inspected my feet and legs and I have a few semi-sore/tiny blistered toes, but otherwise I just dusted off burnt hairs from my feet and legs.... that's one way to avoid needing to shave eh? Oh, and it was a good excuse not to cook and just get a chicken wrap on campus. Tomorrow, I will further investigate the situation. TIG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment