Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

An unexpected house guest

Only in Grenada do you wake up to go the bathroom and blow your nose in the middle of the night and end up with a frog in your lap!!

To make matters more exciting, the bathroom was dark, I didn't have my glasses on, and I was extra groggy from medication that I took before bed to hopefully help me kick this nasty cold I've come down with. 

So needless to say I was very taken aback when I felt something slimy land in my lap and make its way to my foot. It took me a second before I realized it was some kind of creature and hopped up super fast kicking and flailing for the light switch. Now we already have 2 other lovely house guests (Mr. Mouse and Mr. Lizard) so I was half expecting it to be one of them, and was actually somewhat pleased that it was only a frog. Yeah... only a frog!? This is Grenada. As soon as I realized it was a frog I quickly (and in somewhat of a panic) trapped him under a cup, so for several moments I stood there staring at it, half thinking "hey, good enough Nick will handle it in the morning." But, being the grown woman that I am, and realizing I was more than capable of handling such a crisis I did get Mr. Frog outside safely without making too much of a ruckus. 

It was nice to meet you Mr. Frog, but please don't sneak up on me again like that in the middle of the night, and please inform your friends that we aren't a holiday inn for frogs, lizards, and mice.


I've said it before, and I am sure I will say it many more times during our time here in Grenada, but seriously never a dull moment. And on that note, back to bed I go- hopefully it will be a little less eventful this time around ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment