Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Limes Invasion of Grand Anse Beach

Today the SOs took the Limes kids to Grand Anse Beach. Yes, today we WALKED 47 kids, ranging in age from like 2 years old to 15 years old to the beach (most of whom I should mention- can not swim.) If you are thinking to yourself that that is pure madness, then you would be correct- because it was. Kids were everywhere- swimming, shouting, laughing, and playing in the sand. There were definitely moments throughout the day when I sat in awe of all the craziness surrounding me and simply wondered "what in the world is happening right now?" But it was so worth it and so much fun! All of the kids had so much fun and that was the most important thing. To top off an already fun day after swimming all of the kids got pizza lunch which was also very exciting for them. Despite living on the island many of these kids do not get the chance to go to the beach often so it was a great and worthwhile event for the SOs to put on and I was so happy to be a part of it. Hats off to the SO organization for putting on yet another wonderful event for these kids!

In some sad news: my adored camera that has never let me down is sadly starting to not work so well =/ Fingers crossed it will survive until I get home at the end of April and I can get a new one as a birthday present to myself. I will be SO bummed if it dies before then. Luckily, I was able to get a few pictures despite it being really finicky today though so enjoy a few beach snap shots of what 47 happy campers look like on beach day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment