Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's raining... it's POURING...

What do you do on a rainy day in Grenada?? Well, run errands of course... without a car. Today, our rent was due so after putting it off for as long as I could this morning I finally set out to pay up at our realtors office. I caught the bus and got off at the Texico station rather unscathed, with only a little mist action going on. Of course, because I had to walk the rest of the way, the rain began almost immediately after I set foot outside the bus. Nice. It wasn't a hard rain, but enough to have me pretty thoroughly soaked by the time I reached the realtors. After that I had several additional stores that I wanted to go to, and since I was already wet and had to walk back to catch the bus anyways- I decided what the heck, why not?! I've been wanting to do some projects around the house and I brought a few things from home that I've been wanting to hang up so I was on a mission to find the supplies I needed. In true Grenadian fashion, I couldn't find everything I needed in one spot (or even two or three spots) so I did lots of wandering around, but think I ended up with most of what I was looking for. Ace as usual is my favorite place to get stuff like that, and after wandering aimless up and down the isles, while having my every move monitored by a very paranoid Ace worker who literally just followed me up and down the rows, I was satisfied enough to make my way back to the bus stop to finally return home. Oh, but first passed by a man in the street dancing and when that happens of course you semi join him in a little jig before realizing you can hear the bus coming and have to literally run down the road to beat it there. I wouldn't have made it, but the bus driver stopped to get a sandwich or something at the bakery (TIG) near my bus stop. Thank goodness though because when it comes to the busses- if you snooze, you lose- and they don't care if you were dancing or not. Anyways, I digress... My pedometer says I walked a little over 3 miles in total... nothin' like a few "quick" errands!

The war against the bugs continues, but let the record show- I am winning. We had the exterminators out yesterday and they completely nuked the place- with what I am sure were very environmentally safe chemicals (sigh) but it really helped so sorry mother nature, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! And today in my excursions I bought Terro spray (ant killer) and other cleaning supplies to further continue my household raid. It's on bugs, it's on.

It's absolutely POURING outside right now and it is so loud that I actually had to turn off the movie I was watching while cleaning the kitchen because I cannot hear the sound over the rain!!! I know, poor me right?? I have to sit here and listen to rain on my roof and the roaring of exceptionally big waves in the backyard... what a horrible night... Haha, yeah I love it!

Haha!! I seriously still laugh out loud every time I look at this. I made those instead of doing my finals at home last semester and finally got them up today...

Don't worry... I won't quit my day job. And the tape is because I am still unsure if I want the pictures there. I have to get over how hilarious my skills are to me first.
My sister made these for me at home and I was able to squeeze them in and bring them :) Yay! 
 Okay, off to stand guard in my kitchen with my spray bottle to kill any night time ant invasions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment