Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Midterms, midterms, midterms

Midterms are quickly approaching and man will it be nice to have Nick back in a week! The guy has been living in the library/science hall.  The number of hours he puts in studying everyday is seriously amazing, and I am so impressed and proud :) Can't wait for Friday when he can have a weekend off to relax and hang out! Extra prayers as midterm term week approaches are always welcomed and appreciated!

All his hours in the library have left me pretty much riding solo on the island for the past 2 weeks and I have to say it's been a mix between being busy and being bored. I've been to campus a lot more in the past couple weeks because I take Nick his dinner instead of him coming home to save time, so that has added an extra bit of planning and running around to my life, but otherwise...  I really haven't done a whole lot.  The weather here has also been ridiculously rainy so there hasn't been many opportunities to go to the beach or pool, so I've just kinda been hanging out at home. Although, I've been productive, and continue to volunteer, and completed the empathy training program I was working on, I have to say the past 2 weeks were the first few times while here on the island that I have actually felt lazy. I don't think I really have been, but definitely been lacking a bit of stimulation some days, so maybe that is it. 

Bottom line, I am ready to have midterms over so that Nick and my friends are freed from the library. However, as ready as I am to have them done, I'd say they are all about 348985739 times more ready to be done themselves! One week!!!  Oh, and I did splurge and buy Nick Tropicana orange juice for his breakfasts for midterms. It's the small things.

Saturday mornings I babysit the little boy across the street and today we spent time wandering around Grand Anse.  The intention was for him to go to soccer practice with a friend, but he is in a new phase where he has been getting rather shy around people he doesn't know so once we got there he was all of a sudden "too tired to play soccer today" but was sure to assure me that he is "really fast." I think he was legitimately torn about whether to join in or not, but no amount of encouraging him to play worked, so instead we watched a couple of the drills, then decided to just wander around, and stop for a break and get a chocolate chip muffin :) Here are some pictures of our morning :)

The cow we passed walking to get our muffin. No  big deal. He was thirsty. 

He was 100% covered in sand within like 2 minutes... love it! Nothin' like some sand for a little bit of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment