Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day and Michigan summer fun

Being at home continues to be wonderful! I miss the routine of life back in Grenada a little bit, but spending so much time with family and friends quickly makes up for that! We'll be back soon enough, and with the one month countdown approaching, I am definitely hoping time slows down a little bit!

The weather in Michigan has been a-m-a-z-i-n-g  and has reminded Nick and I that there is no place like home.  There is no place like Michigan in the summer, and we have been taking full advantage of it! One of my favorite things has been the long days!  I talk about it almost everyday. The sun hasn't been setting until around 9 p.m.... 9 PM!!!! After living in Grenada, it is amazing how darkness at 6PM had become the normal to me... so needless to say when we continue to lay out on the dock, take boat rides, and enjoy sunlight until well into the evening, I do a happy dance- every day.

I've also been soaking up lots of silly brother time. They are playing flag football right now- which is hilarious. I die watching. Both have improved a lot since just starting though!!
 (Not sure, what happened to my Alexander football pictures, so will be adding those here shortly when I find them!)

Over the weekend I babysat them while my parents went to a wedding, and we have a very fun-filled day! We played games inside, played outside, went out to dinner, went to the park, and read books before bed. I wondered if they would be wired and fight going to bed, but after 3 books they both actually got up and took themselves to bed, and then were asleep within 5 minutes... guess I did a good job wearing them out eh!? Super fun day.

Have I mentioned how nice it is being home? Hope everyone had an absolutely fabulous Memorial Day weekend- I know we sure did!! 
The whole weekend was perfect, with beautiful weather, and the wonderful company of family and friends!  This girl couldn't have asked for more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment