Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My life in Grenada...

...should be a sitcom.

Seriously.

2 nights ago I had a 10 minute full fledged fight with a cockroach. I am terrified of them and this one was gigantic! But, with Nick gone, I had no one else to pass the buck to and had to kill it myself.

So, I armed myself with bop (a bug killer) in one hand and a shoe in the other and headed into battle. This cockroach was terrifying. It kept dive bombing my head which resulted in me screaming, swinging the shoe recklessly, and spraying bop in a very unorganized and rather non-productive manner. I jumped on the couch, then it followed, so I jumped down... it landed on the floor, so I jumped on a chair... and this dance continued for a good 10 minutes. Finally, after spraying enough bop to kill a 300 pound man, flinging the shoe across the room, and enduring several near face to face collisions with the nasty creature- I won. Take that cockroach. Ugh.

Today, I have spent the last 3 hours killing ants. Yep, living the dream. While in the bathroom I noticed several around our window, so I killed them and moved on. Later, I noticed a few more, and after accessing the situation I realized they were nesting in our ceiling. Awesome. Even on one of our kitchen chairs I am only about a 3rd of the way up the bathroom wall. So I set off to create a trap to lure them down to the ant killer... and yes, it was quite an elaborate process that required lots of leaping off the chair and splattering the sugar killer as high as I could to lead a trail downward.... Anyways, 3 hours and thousands of ants later... I think we are well on our way to being back to ant free.


Just another exciting day in my life here in Grenada :) At least if Social Work falls through for me, I've got quite the resume to submit as an exterminator...

No comments:

Post a Comment