Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Warning:: Nick & Lindsey engagement picture overload!!!

4th term has hit us like a pound of bricks. We knew it was coming, but seriously it is amazing the difference that I saw in Nick after just one day of Pathology. The tension is higher and the exhaustion is already beginning to set in.

This week all 3 days, he has been out the door by 7:30am and home around 11:00-11:30pm. The schedule that I posted before is legit and in that15 hour + day (INSANE) he gets a short break for lunch and dinner and otherwise is in lecture, labs, and study hall. And no, this isn't a "finals week crunch"... this is just the life of a 4th term medical student. Holy schnikeees!

Soooo, on that note, I am now taking applications for a new island pal! I'm nice, fun, like hiking, adrenaline rushes, swimming, and kids. Oh, and reading, cooking, and basically anything you want if you will just hang out with me! Haha just kidding, I am not sitting around bored, but it is an adjustment getting used to talking to him only a handful of times through out the day and only seeing him for MAYBE an hour a day- nah, an hour is too generous... maybe a half hour a day.

BUT today there was a little bright spot in Nick's crazy day because we got our engagement pictures back!!! I wanted to get cutesy pictures around the island before we left and so when we got engaged I thought "HEY, what a perfect excuse?!" We are SO blessed to be on this beautiful island for 2 years and although I take a bajillion pictures, I wanted to get some nice ones to hang on the wall back home after we leave here. We are also SO lucky to have a ridiculously talented photographer friend, Kat, who was willing to spend a couple hours running around the island with us making us look good! She captured our special moments perfectly and the pictures are very, very Nick and Lindsey! We couldn't be more pleased and I am in love with them all (there are hundreds... so that is how good Kat is!) At least I can stare at Nick's cute face in these pictures if I forget what he looks like during this intense term ;)

Enough rambling... take a look for yourself. It was so hard to pick a few ... but here are several (okay, TONS) of our favorites! Love is in the air, in Grenada!





For more of Kat's amazing work check out her photography blog HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Pictures! Sorry you don't see Nick much- I am also trying to get used to this new schedule of NEVER seeing my boyfriend- so if you're ever in need of someone to hang out with feel free to message me on fb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie, that's so sweet of you! Yes 4th term stinks, but 1st term was so hard too, so I definitely feel for you! At least for me, I am adjusted to the island/used to him not being around! The good news is, 3rd term is the best, so just keep your sights set on that! Same to you, I am pretty much always around :) I'll fb you my number (which is currently out of minutes). I am always down to find something fun to do or just hang out and chill! My backyard is also fun for exploring! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete