Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shower with caution...

Not a morning person?  Me either.
Want a better way to add some extra spark into your morning routine? Well, I don't know how the rest of you do it, but in our household we tend to do things a little unconventionally... like say, taking an early morning (lukewarm) shower and starting a fire in the bathroom.

Yesterday morning I woke up to Nick cussing in the shower and a loud crash. In my sleepy haze I was convinced someone had broken into our house and so I leapt out of bed in pure panic.

The good news: no bad guys were in our house. The bad news: Our shower had gone up in flames WHILE Nick was showering. Sounds safe right? Most importantly though- Nick was not hurt too badly.  His neck is a bit sore from the fall, but otherwise he is no worse for the wear and for that we extremely thankful!

Luckily it didn't completely break the shower itself, so we can still take cold showers. So no fears, we won't be the smelly couple you want to avoid sitting near on the bus. But unfortunately my life has now turned into the never ending game of waiting to see when the repairman actually arrives. Oh, and then when he does arrive I get to hover around him while he does his job to make sure he actually replaces the piece that burst into flames and doesn't simply tape over it. Sorry Mr. Repairman, but it must be done.

I mean, this looks perfectly safe to me...so I cant imagine why it caught on fire...
And I thought the smell of burning from my hair straightener at home over summer made me freak out... yeah, there is a slight possibility we leave Grenada with some post-traumatic stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment