Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Grenada!!!

I am finally in Grenada!!! Ah!! I've been here since Friday night, and time is passing much too quickly! I feel like I just got here and already the time to leave is already breathing down my back. Ugh. Now is not the time to get sad about that however, I've still got several days to soak up Grenada and the amazing guy who is here!

So, I've been a super slacker in terms of documenting the past week or so, so here is a quick run-down.  My flight here went very smoothly. My mom picked me up bright and early (and by bright I mean, pitch dark as it was 3:45 am).   The security line at the airport was obnoxiously long, which seemed very strange, but I learned later President Obama was flying into Metro later that day so security was kicked up a notch. Awesome.. Anyways, I made it through security with a whopping 20 minutes to spare before boarding the plane.  Enough time to book it to my gate and get a smoothie for breakfast.

Once in Miami, I had 7 hours to kill. I ate at TGI Friday's, enjoyed a blue moon at promptly 10:15 am (what a way to kick off a vacation right?) and settled in at a random gate to read my book/sleep.  I was in the airport long enough to see people arrive and board their respective planes THREE TIMES. At one point, a man poked me on the shoulder (because I was passed out) to inform me the plane was boarding and he didn't want me to miss it.  He laughed as I informed him I still had 3 more hours, but hey you enjoy your flight sir!

Finallyyyyyyy, it was time for me to board. My plane was EMPTY. It absolutely rocked! I would say, the plane was literally only about half full.  Now that def makes for a much more enjoyable flight! A few rum and cokes and small talk with the people around me and BAM welcome to Grenada!

Nick met me at the airport with flowers and sign! It was the cutest thing ever. Even better, is that he ran all over the island with his buddy earlier on in the day to HAND PICK the flowers! Love!! He melts my heart. Now, by the time I arrived the flowers had seen slightly better days, but I still absolutely loved them!

Saturday (my first full day here) we all went to Sandblast, which is basically a big party on the beach. It was a blast! I got to meet most of Nick's friends and experience my first trip ever to a Caribbean beach at the same time! Gosh was the water ever BEAUTIFUL. It honestly was breathtaking. The entire day was perfect!  It was so nice to kick back and relax and to see Nick be able to do the same as well. After midterm hell, he absolutely deserved it, and after over 2 months apart... we absolutely deserved it!

Okay, that's all I have time for now, but many more stories and pictures to come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment