Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

"May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets, cool drinks and sand between your toes." - Author Unknown

My last weekend in Grenada was absolutely perfect. If you looked up perfection in the dictionary there would be a picture and synopsis of our weekend! We spent time at the Grand Resort which was right on the beach and had 3 amazing pools for us to enjoy. Thankfully, due to Family Weekend Nick's school schedule has been less busy, and we able to completely enjoy ourselves.

With Nick being in his first term of medical school and crazy busy and I am busy myself finishing up my master's with 5 classes, 30 hours of field, and a million hours spent commuting each week, we simply vegged out. We were lazy butts to the max... and it was GREAT!

Here's a brief overview of our weekend...
Friday
-We went to Fish Friday (which deserves its own post, so more on that experience later)
-To get to Fish Friday we took a catamaran which was awesome and so beautiful!! We just sat back and enjoyed the  ride, looking at the stars, and chatting with Nick's friend Dan and his parents. It was great, minus that I am still waiting to see my first shooting star, which I was determined to see when on the catamaran!
-When we got back we watched about 100 episodes of scrubs and passed out.

Saturday
-Slept in
-Woke up and had a huge delish fresh breakfast. Mmmm it was awesome! Not cheap tho... 45ec each... soo even in American money that is pricey... like 15-20 each... yikes!
-After breakfast we got water, snacks, and hit the beach. The sun was out, it was hot, and the beach and water were beautiful! After a couple hours a guy on the beach brought a few absolutely delicious drinks and we could not have been happier. Boyfriend, beach, sunshine, drinks, snacks, and a good book to read... what more could I ask for!?
-Got dinner. Yummy burger and Umbrellas on the beach.
-Pushed Nick in the pool in his clothes (not going to lie, was a highlight of my weekend).
-Lounged by the pool and watched the beautiful sunset.
-Got pushed in the pool by Nick... payback sigh.
-Were completely lazy, watched another 100 episodes of scrubs, and ordered cake and icecream.

Sunday
-Slept in and had a repeat lovely breakfast.
-Watched the lions over the computer. I got a taste of how Nick has to watch most games... a crappy connection, that drops whenever something exciting happens, and is very frustrating. A downside to Grenada. The Lions lost which added to our frustration because we suffered for nothing... sigh.
-Made ourselves feel better by cooking a fabulous spaghetti dinner and walking to get amazing smoothies! mmm!

*** okay it is important to note, that we did both squeeze in some studying and homework in there, but that wasn't as fun, so I did not want to add it in to our perfect weekend... but it did take place.. we weren't that lazy...

I definitely appreciate how much fun we got to have during my visit because this is not how our life will be next semester when I live there. Yes, I hope we can squeeze in some fun and beach time together and I am sure we will... but not to this extreme... so I'm glad we took full advantage this time around :)

 Nick doesn't like this one, but I love it! He looks so cute.. under one of the waterfalls in the pool
  In the "hot tub" ... but the water is no warmer than the pool haha but pretty view!
 Really yummy drinks... mango colada = prob the best drink I've ever had

This picture does not lie... the water REALLY is this blue and spectacular!
 How handsome is he?
 Cheers to love <3
 Having an underwater camera rocks!! And clear blue water helps make the pictures even better!



Takes my breath away!

No comments:

Post a Comment