Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Whether its the ups and downs, good or bad, hard or easy... Life is a journey, and those are the things that make the story worth reading.

Some days it is simply hard to maintain a positive outlook all day. Today, is one of those days.

I was positive all day. Looked on the bright side and tried to help others see the glass as half full. Assuring them that time will pass quickly and that December will be here before we know it.

Unfortunately, it is now midnight and I am struggling. It is hard to be the strong one all the time. I've never viewed myself as being the typical strong one. Sure, I knew I could be, but I didn't know it would have to become a main part of who I am. Not that being strong is bad, because it isn't. But it can be exhausting. It's hard carrying most negative emotions around to myself, because there simply isn't really anyone around to share those with. You can only share feelings of being bummed or lonely with friends for so long before they are totally over you. They don't want to hear you complain anymore. Especially it seems, friends who are single, and who think I should simply be happy to have a boyfriend. Here's the thing... I am happy. I am thankful. And I am positive about 99.999% of the time. However, I miss him. I am lonely. And things do not always go my way... So yes, there are moments, when acting happy is just too much work because the truth is I am grumpy, or sad, or overwhelmed, or a mix of all of those.

As mentioned last post. It is midterms time. Midterms = everything you expect them to be and more. It's more time spent in the library. More time spent nose in the books. Earlier mornings and later nights. It's more stress. It's just more. More everything.

And rightfully so. There is A LOT weighing on these tests scores. I totally get it.

Right now, I am just worn out. Burnt out. After 5 1/2 years of college... 1 1/2 more than I had planned... A master's program I have not necessarily enjoyed, and well... you get the point...

My head is simply all over the place. And when it is midterms week, there is no Nick to turn to and cry to because I simply don't know how to find the energy to push through the rest of my semester. So thus, it goes into the blog. A place to dump my frustrations and vent, so that tomorrow, when I get a few minutes to talk to him it is about happy things, supportive things, "lets kick midterm's butt things."

Nobody said it would be easy... but, it will indeed be worth it. And when you can't change what is happening, change your attitude.

Those are the statements that will get me through this week. I have a lot to be thankful for. Things really are good more so than bad. The glass really is half full, not half empty. I have a wonderful boyfriend, a great family, and awesome friends. And if school is starting to stress me out this much, it is just a sign that the semester is progressing. If the semester is progressing, it is one step closer to graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment